Caring for your child’s oral health when their young is especially important for their growth and well-being. Many forms of tooth decay can affect babies and small children and develop rapidly, as early as six months or less – at Dental Care 4 U, we check for these problems early and help children receive the pediatric dental care they need most through our services.
Pediatric Dentistry Services at Dental Care 4 U
Your child should always have a positive experience at the dentist. There are a variety of treatments we offer to prevent and treat tooth decay in children. These include:
- Dental Sealants: Children can receive dental sealants or a plastic coating on their molars’ chewing surfaces to prevent bacteria. For immature teeth, these small crevices in the back of their teeth are more vulnerable to tooth decay, and dental sealants can provide years of protection for their oral health.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride can be infused into your child’s enamel to make their teeth more resistant to decay. While most toothpaste and community waters provide fluoride, fluoride treatments have a higher concentration for your child’s teeth and create a clean, smooth, and cavity-free surface.
- Mouth Guards: Mouthguards provide an excellent source of protection for your child’s teeth. Mouth guards absorb impact, and for children taking part in sports, they can help prevent traumatic injury and tooth loss.
- Invisalign: As your child’s teeth continue to grow, some eruptions can lead to malocclusions or misaligned teeth. At the first warning signs of misalignment, our team can provide Invisalign to straighten their teeth over time.
- Restorations: In cases where your child’s received a tooth extraction or root canal, we offer a variety of restorations to help replace and repair their teeth, including crowns and fillings.
- Emergency Care: In dental emergencies, we are here for you. If your child has an injury to severe toothache, we can respond to your child’s pain immediately through our emergency services.
Routine Pediatric Checkups at Dental Care 4 U
As soon as their first teeth emerge, then that’s when your child needs to see the dentist. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children see their dentist by their first birthday to learn proper hygiene, check for cavities, and watch for developmental problems.
During your child’s routine checkup, we will perform a thorough examination to evaluate their dental health and medical history, examine their oral health, and perform screenings to diagnose potential issues. After the examination, our dentist will remove surface-level plaque from your child’s teeth to give them a polished, clean feel.
At Dental Care 4 U, our team has been helping our patients by providing regular checkups, treating sleep apnea, and other cosmetic services, all with a gentle touch. We treat you like family here, and whether you need a regular exam, tooth extraction, or other forms of care, we provide a selection of services to care for all of your basic needs. For more information, contact our practice today in Holland, IL, to speak with Dr. Raj Khurana for an appointment. No matter the time of day, you’ll always see the same dentist and experience quality care.