If you’re familiar with Invisalign, you know that it is the first and original clear, plastic aligners and has been around for over 20 years, transforming over 13 million smiles. But what you may not know is that Invisalign can be integrated into your lifestyle and can help you achieve the aesthetic goals you have for your smile. Keep reading to learn more about the history of Invisalign and the many advantages it provides compared to traditional metal braces.
5 Things You May Not Know About Invisalign
- The Invisalign inventor wore metal braces to correct his teeth
- With Invisalign, you can expect to eat and drink whatever you want
- Your Invisalign journey will be customized and 3D-printed with patent materials
- Invisalign can take less time than traditional metal brackets
- Celebrities love Invisalign
The Invisalign Inventor Had Metal Braces
Many may have thought that a dentist invented clear aligners, but did you know that Invisalign was created by Stanford students? Zia Chishti, a Pakistani-American majoring in Computer Science and Economics, was enrolled in Stanford’s MBA program. He had metal braces and a retainer, which inspired him to come up with an alternative removable alignment treatment. He worked on his idea in his dorm room, and then partnered with Kelsey Wirth in 1997 to pursue development. Since then, Invisalign has become a great success.
With Invisalign, You Can Eat And Drink Whatever You Want
Invisalign’s removable nature is not only a feature but a benefit. You may not realize this, but if you opt for traditional metal braces, there are a variety of foods and drinks you can no longer enjoy as often as you would like. Metal braces are prone to damage, meaning more trips to the dentist, and even the potential for injury. With metal brackets and wires, you must remain vigilant about avoiding crunchy and sticky foods such as bubble gum, hard candy, lollipops, nuts, popcorn, potato chips, apples, meat jerky, pizza crust, and corn-on-the-cob. You should also be careful about sugary beverages such as sodas, fruit drinks, and sports drinks. Even lighter-colored elastics can stain when you drink coffee, red wine, or eat berries. With Invisalign, however, you just remove the aligners when you eat, so there are no limitations.
Your Invisalign Journey Will Be Customized And 3D-Printed With Patented Materials
Metal braces have been a popular form of straightening teeth since the 1970s. However, Invisalign offers a much more convenient and advanced alternative. Through Invisalign’s 3D-printing technology, custom aligners are created to fit precisely onto your teeth. The plastic used for the aligners is both BPA- and latex-free.
Invisalign Can Take Less Time Than Traditional Metal Brackets
You may not be aware, but when your teeth are straightened without metal brackets and wires, your smile journey can be seen much more easily with transparent Invisalign. Invisalign can make a difference in 12- to 18 months, which is nearly half the time of metal braces.
Celebrities Love Invisalign
Invisalign is the perfect choice for someone in the public eye, as they are practically invisible so you can stay camera-ready. Celebrities that have smiles enhanced by Invisalign aligners include Oprah Winfrey, Serena Williams, Tom Cruise, Justin Beiber, Eva Longoria, Zac Efron, and Kourtney Kardashian.
What Can I Expect From Invisalign Treatment At Dental Care 4U?
Our dental team can provide a customized treatment plan that caters to many misalignment cases and help straighten your and your family’s teeth. By following the Invisalign plan, your family’s teeth can be straighter in four simple steps:
- Step 1: Treatment Plan Design – After determining that you are a candidate for Invisalign, our staff at dental care 4U starts the procedure by designing a series of aligner trays using the 3D model of your teeth.3D imaging, X-rays, and teeth impressions are used to cast an Invisalign to perfectly match your teeth. All the digital information is then fed to software to generate a 3D image of the Invisalign device. Once designed, the trays are molded onto a 3D pattern by Invisalign technicians.
- Step 2: Invisalign Fitting – Our staff will fit your new aligners on your teeth at your next appointment smoothly and painlessly. Dr. Raj Khurana will specify when the aligners must be worn, provide any after-care instructions, and schedule a follow-up appointment.
- Step 3: Changes and Stage Treatment – Your follow-up visit will allow our team to change your aligners for any reason, including uncomfortable wear or broken aligners. Our team will provide you with a new aligner set during each stage to advance the treatment further.
- Step 4: Alignment and Retainer – Once you have completed all the stages for Invisalign, our team will provide you with an Invisalign retainer to help you maintain your progress and keep your teeth happily aligned.
Dental Care 4U Is Dentistry For The Entire Family In South Holland
If you’re ready for dentistry with a gentle touch at a practice that feels just like home, consider Dental Care 4U. Dr. Raj Khurana and the team have been operating Dental Care 4U for over 20 years, and are proud to offer the very best South Holland, IL and the surrounding communities. We always work with a gentle touch, so whether you need a root canal, tooth extraction, or orthodontic treatment, we will be here for you and your loved ones. Call us today at 708-333-2213 for an appointment.